Multiple small-bowel adhesions with surrounding phlegmon were taken down, after which a chicken bone was found to be perforating a segment of mid-jejunum (Figure 2). The injured segment of bowel was resected and primarily anastomosed. Foreign body ingestion is a relatively common occurrence encountered by emergency department physicians. It can be seen in various scenarios: in psychiatric patients and children, intentional smuggling of drugs or other illegal substances, and simply in accidental ingestion during eating, such as in the current case.1- 3 It is therefore an important diagnosis for the surgeon to keep in the differential in workup of the acute abdomen. The patient later recalled swallowing a chicken bone, and she fortunately had an uneventful recovery.